The Hamptons style can be integrated into almost any home’s exterior. Here are the 7 main criteria we employ here at Hotspace Consultants, to achieve this laid-back, chic aesthetic:
1. Start with a fresh coat of paint. The Hamptons vibe is clean and crisp, and painting is the #1 way to achieve this. You might paint your entire house, or just do the trims. Even if your home is brick or other surface you’re reluctant to paint, the right accent colours and details will give you a ‘nod’ to the Hamptons home exterior style, regardless.
[twenty20 img1=”5558″ img2=”5560″ width=”100%” offset=”0.2″]
2. Choose a neutral colour palette. Soft, muted shades like whites, beiges, greys and pale blues are classic Hamptons hues, and they’ll help create a calm, cohesive look.
3. Add small architectural details. The Hamptons look is all about classic, understated elegance, so consider adding elements like window mouldings, friezes, planter boxes, or patterned entrance tiles to give your home some visual interest.
4. Landscape with an eye for symmetry. The Hamptons style is known for its orderly, manicured gardens. Consider adding symmetrical plantings, ‘box’ hedges, and other formal elements to your landscaping.
5. Incorporate natural materials. Woven baskets, rattan furniture, and other natural elements will help bring a laid-back, beachy vibe to your exterior. Position these under cover at the front of your house to add beautiful charm to your street appeal.
6. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. While the Hamptons look is generally quite cohesive, it’s okay to mix and match different styles and periods as long as everything feels harmonious.
7. Use lighting to create ambiance. Outdoor lighting is an important element of the Hamptons look. Consider adding wall lights, pendant fixtures (in the entrance), festoon lights, or other decorative lighting to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
If you love these Hamptons Home exterior ideas, but not sure how to incorporate them into your place, Hotspace Consultants may be able help. Get in touch with me here to find out… https://hotspaceconsultants.com/preliminary-enquiry/