Rendering your brick home can have both pros and cons. Here are some things I consider as a house facade designer and Street Appeal expert:
[twenty20 img1=”5373″ img2=”5380″ width=”100%” offset=”0.2″]
• Will modernise your home if done in conjunction with the right colours and accents (such as feature cladding, interesting materials, contrasting neutral colours, landscaping etc)
• Will make your home look fresh and feel more welcoming
• Will cover up any imperfections, mismatches, or blemishes on the brick
• Can add a lot of value to your property
• Can look ‘flat’ unless other changes are made at the same time (feature walls, trim details, exterior lighting etc)
• May not be suitable for homes of certain architectural styles or types of brick
• Usually expensive, especially if you hire a professional
• Requires ongoing maintenance to keep the render looking fresh and clean
If you’re considering rendering your brick home, it’s a good idea to research and see what others have done. Hotspace Consultants is a great resource for finding inspiration and ideas. Visit our gallery to see what others have done to their brick homes.
Keep in mind that rendering a brick home is a big decision, and it’s important to weigh the pros and cons before committing. Hotspace Consultants can help you make an informed decision about whether rendering is the right choice for your home.
Contact me here if you’d like to see if we can help you.
Jane Eyles-Bennett x